Monday, March 5, 2012

How to Save your Exercise/Diet Plan!

Ok so today as I was eating a very unhealthy lunch and realized I had completely been neglecting my diet/workout for the past 4 days (see post below)and I became kinda depressed. And started asking the normal questions. Why didn't I just bring my work out clothes and shoes? Why didn't I eat better for the past few meals? Etc. Well I had to stop myself.

Ok so I skipped everything for Four days. Now it's Punishment Time! Tonight I am going to eat salad and protein for dinner and here comes the big sting.. I'm going to do all my missed March Madness workouts...Tonight!!

Here are the keys when you've missed your workouts or you've not followed your diet.

1.You pick up right were you left off! Once you've realized you messed up, start fixing it!
2. Just keep going! Just because you've messed up doesn't mean you should quit!
3. Always stay motivated! Keep something or some one around that you can look at or talk to so you stay motivated and focused!
4. Quit making excuses! Any excuse no matter what it is (I'm tired, I'm too busy) is still just that an Excuse!
5. Quit talking bad about yourself! Working out isn't just physical, a lot of it is mental too! If you keep putting yourself down and talking bad about your body, you will become unmotivated and it will seem impossible, but it's not!!!
6. Lastly, Treating yourself! I have never done well with "cheat days" because I try and cheat on my diet All day! Lol so what I do is I try to schedule it. If its something you've been wanting all week, work it in. Eat a low cal breakfast and work out for 15 more minutes. Just make sure you actually work it in and not just do it!

For me at home I have been hanging my favorite swim suit up for me to look at when I want to give up or take a break from a work out! Also I feel SO much better when I'm dieting not just because I can see the effects(slowly) but because I am eating better too!!

Also I'm going to treat myself afterwards with painting my nails, while watching a movie and sipping on a 70 calorie drink!! Light vanilla flavored rum and Diet Coke!! Yum!

This picture really spoke a thousand words to me because it's always true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment